Sunday, November 04, 2007

Whadaya Know!

Time Change Cures Cold
I woke up feeling fine this morning with the beautiful sunshine in my eyes. I got a good long sleep, enjoying our extra hour to the fullest.
This morning I was up early enough to enjoy a breakfast run to McDonald's for a eggamuffin. Even though I still count the carbs, Sundays are feast days and I let myself have a treat or two through the day.

I'm looking forward to playing the bells this morning and having communion.

I'm also looking forward to coming back home and having a chill afternoon. And by "chill," I mean cleaning and feathering my nest some more. I will have some horrifying photos for you that shows the "before," "during," and "after" of The Great Clean Up of '07. Even Tech will understand why I have had to delay reading "Murder by Dewey Decimal" in order to tackle the mess.

It's a glorious morning. I can see some good color on the trees across the highway that is behind my house. And this is the perfect moment of the day to see it, with the morning sun bouncing off the golds and greens and settling in to warm up the reds.

Oh that reminds me. I have to trim the branches of the junk trees growing along the alley or the city will fine me. This is life in a small town. We have alleys where we put our trash cans, but for people like me it also means a lot more unintended gardening chores. I wish I could take pride in having the tidiest stretch of alley on the block, but it just doesn't do it for me. However, the fine is motivating, so I'll have to do that anyway. Grumble.

Off to get ready for church now. May your spirits soar today!

1 comment:

jeannie diane said...

Hi Trixie,
Hope you had a great time at church. I loved your pictures with tech's book. I would also love to see more of your new home.

I am posting again. My new life is starting to come together. THANK YOU GOD!!!