Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Day After Christmas!

Hello my friends! I've been away from blogging for a bit, as I'm sure you noticed. Part of that is due to cutting back on a LOT of things and working on rebalancing my life.

And, part of it is a result of the rebalancing -- I've rediscovered my love of sewing and I've been taking advantage of little parcels of time to really go for it! In the past bit I have made a fleece coat with a hood and collar (given to a co-worker's mother); made a fleece swing jacket for myself; started another jacket for me; made two skirts (yes, for ME); made six zipper pouches from elegant fabrics to give the women in my office for Christmas. And today I shipped off a package to an online friend who recently had surgery -- three flannel nighties that I made for her and her two daughters. That one is a surprise -- I hope she gets the box by New Year's so they can have a mommy-daughter slumber party!

I also am in the middle of a nice jacket that will match a dress that's in the lineup, in a gorgeous midnight blue. I had hoped to wear it to the company Christmas party, but I wound up taking election results that night while everyone else was at the party. It was my job to text the results to the boss as they came in.

Great news medically -- a cardiologist re-read my echocardiogram and found no enlargements of the chambers and no valve problems. I don't know why the other doctor said their was tricuspid valve regurgitation, but hey, I'll take good news. Also, the MRI just showed some sinus inflammation. A trip to the ENT should help get that cleared up.

I'm not complaining too much about the orders to reduce my work load. I miss the money from the overtime, but I also love having more time for my other interests. What I do object to is being made to feel like an invalid on death's doorstep while I was waiting for concrete answers. That actually ticks me off. As soon as I heard I was fine, I FELT FINE!! Goes to show you the power of suggestion, I guess! Eh, maybe there was more to it than that, but at least for now I feel just great.

As soon as I know my friend has received her parcel, I'll post some sewing photos. Hey, part of this is my way of dealing with the current economic crisis we all are facing. Part of this is finally having some clothes that are made to fit ME.

And.. as I've said before ... it's all about me, right? (LOL!)

And lest anyone take that too seriously, I've made a pledge to myself that at least every third item I make has to be for someone else.

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I attended the late Christmas eve service at my church. It was just right. I spent yesterday alone here at home just chilling. And today was nice -- just a half-day of work. I'm off this weekend, so I'm counting on more ... SEWING TIME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're fine!! But blogging can be as theraputic as sewing ya' know! ;)

I can't believe how much you've made! I'm not much of a seamstress. It's like cooking for me--I know the theory but I'm not so good with the practice.

Since you said it...
And lest anyone take that too seriously, I've made a pledge to myself that at least every third item I make has to be for someone else

Can I place an order?? ;)

Erudite Redneck said...

Sew impressive!

Trixie said...

Yes you can, Frenzied, as long as it doesn't involve lining! I've been wrestling with a lined jacket for a while now and I'm down to the home stretch. The only thing left is to put in the sleeve linings. And lose 20 pounds so the darn thing fits. I sew sad.