Thursday, January 13, 2005

Going to the animals

OK, zits and chin hairs must not have been punishment enough today. I opened the mail about 1 p.m. and had a letter from Animal Control threatening me with a $175 fine for allowing my dog to run loose, without a current rabies vaccine. There was a hand-written note highlighted at the bottom saying my dog was aggressive towards the mail carrier, and mail service to the entire block could be suspended.

Sigh. I don't have a dog. Haven't had one since my dear Fefe died four years ago.

As soon as I read the letter, I turned on the TV, and my cable promptly went out. I called Cox Cable and they sent someone right over (within a half hour. He arrived an hour sooner than they expected, so hey, something went right.) He quickly diagnosed the problem: Squirrels had eaten my cable. Yep. Squirrels.

I think I'll be checking to see if an elephant is strolling down the street towards the grade school down the block. It's about the only animal I haven't dealt with the past couple of days. So far, it's donkeys, dogs and squirrels.


I hear Santa did answer some Christmas requests. For example, this tortoise got just what he asked for: He got a hippopotamus for Christmas! Hee hee!

Here's a bit of good news. There was a bank robbery a few blocks from my house today. The good news is I had just closed my accounts there recently, so I know he didn't get MY money!

6 comments:

Powersleeper said...

You crack me up. Now that if fun stuff. Hope your days get better.

jeannie diane said...

Now, that was funny. I am glad they did not
get any of your money. Let us know when they
come for your dog. (hee hee)

FrenziedFeline said...

Well, if nothing else, at least you know there's a potentially-rabid dog running around your neighborhood, so you know to be careful. Does that make you feel better? ;)

So your reward for not having to deal with paperwork from the bank robbery, that's probably all handled by the bank anyway, you get to spend time on the phone convincing animal control that you don't own a dog.

Take heart though, at least you don't live in some of the cities in California where you're considered a "pet guardian," not an owner, AND they tell you what kind of food you have to feed your (non-existent) dog and what kind of dog house you have to provide him. :)

Erudite Redneck said...

S'like, you ever gonna blog again? ;-)

Trixie said...

For a while, it didn't look like I'd be able to. I couldn't get in to Blogger... started thinking maybe that last chin hair was a little longer than I had thought originally!
Maybe tomorrow. I haven't been real inspired.

Erudite Redneck said...

OK. Either use some of that energy I know you to have to blog -- or come wash my truck! :-)