Saturday, October 08, 2005

Anyone else love Prairie Home Companion?

I adore it -- the music and stories just really appeal to me. I wish I could say I've been a loyal fan and listener, but until recently I've really only managed to catch it sporadically while traveling and stumbling across a public radio station.

Right now, however, I'm listening to it online. KOSU offers live streaming webcasts of its broadcasts. This is great news for more than just Prairie Home Companion fans. Public radio has a lot to offer every day.

Prairie Home Companion is on from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sundays (I think that is correct. The schedule for Sunday is hard for me to read.) Here's a link to KOSU -- you can listen to it online from anywhere in the world. KOSU radio. Locally, KOSU broadcasts from Stillwater/Oklahoma City and Ketchum/Tulsa (91.7 FM in central Oklahoma.) (OK, it's hard for this Sooner girl to say nice things about OSU so take it while you can!)

Prairie Home Companion is a good dose of what's right about America. Yeah, it's funny and the stories are good, silly fiction, but it still makes you remember that gathering around the supper table is a wholesome thing, and making music together is downright holy.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I love Prairie Home Companion. There are some great programs on NPR on weekends.