Sunday, February 11, 2007

Where I've been

I have returned from the International Builders Show in Orlando. It was amazing! I'll start with the fun social part of the trip, which was a blow-out party at Universal CityWalk in Orlando. The park was closed to the public during the homebuilders' Spike Party. Tables loaded with food were lined up end-to-end for at least a half-mile. Among other things, I got to see a tribute to Neil Diamond at one club, then a concert by World Class Rockers, a band made up of members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Journey, Toto, Steppenwolf and Santana.

Following that concert, I spent several hours at Bob Marley, a Tribute to Freedom. All I can say about that is ... what happens in Florida, stays in Florida.

The group with whom I partied finally drove me back to my hotel, miles away from everyone else's places, well after midnight. After packing, I got a one-hour nap before my tax arrived at 4 a.m. My flight headed home left at 6 a.m.

Unfortunately, the trip started catching up with me on the flight home. Smacked down by a dang cold that seems determined to keep me down for a good long time.

More about the business portion of the trip later. Gotta get something to eat and then go back to sleep, so I can try hard to get up early Monday and get some work done. Lots to write about!

No comments: