Saturday, February 19, 2005

We interrupt this Saturday morning

We interrupt this Saturday morning to go shopping.

I'm finally feeling better after a week or more of sicky-ness. And I may be pushing my luck by setting out with the intention of buying a dress for a wedding. Yeah, the wedding is tonight. I have a dress I can wear if I don't find something I like. Just thought I'd see if I could find THAT dress that magically turns me into a stunning beauty. *cough cough*. I might even buy HIGH HEELS if I find a dress. But that's a conditional matter. I'm also not a high-heels kind of gal.

It's supposed to be bad luck to give a knife as a gift, but I happen to know a guy who owns a knife shop with great knives. I've bought some from him over the past few months and am surprised at how much I love them. So, if the dress shopping goes well, I'll stop by his shop and see if I can find a couple of knives for the wedding couple. I'll put a penny in the gift box so they can pay me for them -- that's part of the knife-gift tradition to ward off the bad luck. And yes, I already have a back-up present too. The bases are covered.

Like I said, I'm not much of a fan of shopping, but I'm in the mood for it today. I'm not overly optimistic about finding something, and I'm not desperate, so there will be no stress or panic on today's journey. That should help too. This will be "recreational" shopping, if there is such a thing. I suppose there is since so many people get a thrill from it.

I'll let you know how it goes. Hope y'all have a great Saturday!

No comments: