Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The book by Mitch Albom has been made into a TV movie which shows on ABC tonight (in just a few minutes, actually.) I really enjoyed the book -- it was very different. I'm looking forward to seeing it as a movie, just to see how certain parts are handled. There was a great deal of dream-type action which was hard to follow in parts of the book. This might be one time where the movie has the potential to be better than the book (sorry, that sounds like heresy to me, but it could be true.) It might be easier to follow what parts are dreams if it's visual.

Anyway, we shall see.

2 comments:

jeannie diane said...

I have the book too. I did watch the
movie. I was pleased with both. I did
miss a couple of spots in the movie.
Because of kids going to bed and such.

Trixie said...

I thought they did a great job with the movie. It really was good to see the visuals -- very loyal to the book.

I also liked the end tag, something along the line of "We all have a story, but it's one story. We're all a part of each other's story."