Friday, May 20, 2005

I'm STILL miserable

And now that it's close to 5 p.m. Friday, I'm going to bed. Maybe for an hour, maybe for the weekend. I don't know yet.

I am feeling worse than miserable from the allergies (I presume that's the root cause). I'm running a fever of 101-ish; have a sore throat; my ears and nose are plugged and nonfunctioning, and I can't taste anything thanks to the effects of the zinc lozenges.

This was all compounded by having to be out at a building site for a couple of hours in Oklahoma's horrible heat and humidity combo. I thought I was going to die and turn into a puddle. I was supposed to be taking notes at eight new homes that are going to be on a charity home tour. I did my best, considering that this was the first time I've gone to a home and just wanted to dive into one of the beds like Goldilocks and send everyone else away.

Oh, I guess I got my hopes up too much about the "silver lining" I referenced a couple of days ago. Again, it turned into another lightning strike.

It was especially hurtful this time, as it was for a job I had previously interviewed for several months back. They had kept my resume on file and invited me to come in again to talk to them (on 4 hours' notice, mind you.) We had a lengthy conversation which included discussion about pay and benefits -- all good signs that would generally get a person's hopes up, right? Well, a few minutes ago I got an e-mail saying they had chosen someone else, but hey, we have a part-time position that might open up in June if you want to come back and interview for a third time.

I declined this time. Twice was enough for this girl. So my hunt will continue elsewhere soon. I would cry, but I can't take any more swelling in my nose right now.

2 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Hmm...sounds like your allergies are turning into a secondary infection. Don't let it go too long before you see a doctor. Sorry, about the job sweetie! I'm still praying things turn around for you.

Erudite Redneck said...

I'm sorry about the nonjob job! And, for the first time in my life, I feel yer allergy pain. Never had an allergy headache, that I can recall, until this year.