Friday, November 18, 2005

Off on retreat

This evening I'll be leaving for a singles retreat with my church group. We'll be traveling about an hour west of Oklahoma City to the United Methodist camp called Canyon Camp.

This is like the best of all worlds -- summer camp for grownups, without all the sweat and mosquitos. AND we get to stay in the lodge, which is more like a hotel than the cabins with bunk beds. We get to spend some time in a natural, serene setting with COMFORT.

There will be lots of singing, lots of resting, lots of nature walks, probably lots of eating and lots of surprises we haven't been told about yet. Our planners have been working in secret to present something very special. I can't wait to see what they have in store!

I've been wrapping up my work for the week while running a few loads of laundry to get ready for this little trip. Sometimes, just getting away from the usual grind for a weekend can be as refreshing as a two-week vacation (I remember from our weekend trip to Oregon and Washington just a couple of weeks ago!)

The camera will be going with me, so there may be photos when I get back. I'm also packing some quilts in case it gets chilly around the fireplace.

I hope you all have fun, restful and refreshing weekends! See you later!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have to admit I am a bit jealous. I WISH my church had a singles group for grownups. Ya know...those at least over 30.

Hope you have loads of fun!

jeannie diane said...

I am jealous, not the single part
but the time away, lots of fun,
can't wait to hear bout it.
Have fun..and Happy Turkey
Day..