Friday, January 13, 2006

Oh HOORAY it's FRIDAY!!!

I am so glad to see this week saying farewell, even if it is Friday the 13th. This is kind of a tough week of transitioning into the new year.

I've been struggling with emptying out my old computer, transferring the keepers to an external hard drive. And then I've been disconnecting my oldest computer and the router. I'm too old and fat to be crawling around inside an armoire disconnecting cables! So the tower of my sick computer is now on top of my work space rather than in the cubby. Thank goodness for USB ports on the front of computers!

Anyhoo, I have about 9 miles of excess cables and cords now. And Every. Single. Piece. Of. Paper in my office has been moved to the dining room table. I must find my Microsoft Office and Microsoft Works discs before I have my sick computer erased. This will be my weekend project.

Throw in extra time on the road, church meetings and hospital visits and it's been a full week. The good thing was having dinner Tuesday night with my friend J.T., who was in town for a meeting. (He still needs to answer the 7 Meme.)

I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm vegging out this evening with a frozen pizza and crappy television. Ahhhhhhh.

5 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

That's what an ailing Dr. ER and I had: frozen pizza. And a new "Monk"! Best show on TV. :-)

Trixie said...

I've never seen Monk, somehow. Probably just as well, I don't need to get hooked on another show. Friday nights are also the times I run my virus scan and other computer maintenance... I would hate to be distracted and spend ONE MOMENT away from this infernal contraption!

The pizza was pretty good, but I was awake from about 4:30 a.m. to 5:15 a.m. trying to get enough water. Couldn't quench my thirst!

SBB said...

I'm afraid my Friday is taken by the Stargates and Battlestar so I miss Monk. I like Monk, but I hate it when people watch it and then tell me that I have some of this traits. And it's never the good traits, either! :)

Trixie said...

This is weird. I see that there are three responses, but I can't see Tech's unless I come to the "Post a comment" page. I'm trying to see if this one shows up, and maybe it will boost Tech's.

Trixie said...

I started cleansing my old PC around the same time that you made this post. I moved a bunch of files to CDs and then lost interest in the project. *sigh* I think I have ADD or something because I get bored so easy these days!

Amen to crawling down inside the cabinet where the beast is stored. I have a laptop now and wireless thus the desire to get rid of the old desktop. No need to fiddle with cords and kneeling! We are scrubbing it and giving it my FIL who is a minister and writes his sermons on the PC. He has no idea how to do anything else like surf the web - so an old PC is just fine for him. You have inspired me to finish this project ... maybe by the end of Feb!