Monday, July 31, 2006

Home Sweet Home

My friends Cliff and Anne are getting married soon. Friday they closed on their new house, which is paradise indeed. Friday evening they toasted the new house and invited me to come take photos. (Actually, I kind of insisted -- part of a project I'm doing for them. Shh.. it's a secret! LOL!)

As part of the festivities, Anne's son and his girlfriend tested the zip line across the pond. Things were going so well. Well, here, just take a look-see:

On the treehouse platform, looking over the situation.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
























Aieeeee!!! This is FUN!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


























Uh-oh. Stuck! Over the middle of the pond!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




































If you can't go forward, try going back. He's pulling her back across to the platform.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




































Almost there. One more pull and a swing should do it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


























OH NO!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


























Revenge of the Mud Girl. Give him a BIG hug.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting







































Boy, that was fun! Can't wait for the next time!

5 comments:

Trixie said...

That would be my hope, if I ever got on one. I think she expected to make it across because we were all going to dinner together right after this. We waited for her to get a quick shower, rinse out her clothes and let them dry outside. Fortunately that was pretty quick in our furnace-like temperatures.

Erudite Redneck said...

Bein' a non-swimming landlubber, I confess that I am ascairt of such things!

Sarabeth said...

This gave me a great laugh.

Trixie said...

Better than TV.

Suspense
Action
Drama
Comedy

So glad you were there to document it!

Trixie said...

It was serendipity at its best, I have to admit. I had just switched to my zoom lens as we saw the kids up on the platform. His mom and I went down to the pond to watch them. We were on the far side of the pond from them, so I wasn't sure if anything would show up really visible. And it did! Of course we had no idea what to expect, so I was laughing so hard I was afraid I missed shooting the splash. It was great to see the sequence of photos later.