Friday, July 21, 2006

Requesting your prayers

I need your prayers for my Aunt Dot, who is in intensive care in a Kansas City hospital. She is suffering from sepsis and things are very much touch-and-go tonight. I've been in contact with my cousin, who has flown in from Atlanta. She had been talking with her mother on the phone last night and could tell she was in bad shape. She called a neighbor-friend who took my aunt to the emergency room. Her blood pressure was dangerously low and at one point they could not find a pulse.

My car has been in the shop all day today for air conditioner repairs (absolutely essential as you all know because of the 105+ temperatures we've been suffering this week.) Late this afternoon I learned the extent of the repairs ($600+) -- they won't be able to return it to me until Saturday morning.

Meanwhile, I've packed a bag to be ready to be gone for a few days if necessary. With the car A/C repair I'll now be ready to go the moment I'm told it is time.

This aunt is very special to me. She's taken over the role of "mother" to me since my own momma died in 1999.

Please pray that the doctors are able to achieve the fine-line balance to treat her and restore her strength without over-treating her. She has overcome cancer many times, as well as I don't know how many other health emergencies. This one is the worst so far and I am feeling rather shaky about the situation. So is my cousin, who has asked me to ask everyone for their prayers. We know Christ is the Great Physician.

Thank you all for your prayers.

4 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Trixie said...

We are thinking of her here in Cleveland. Hugs!

On another note: It seems that when it rains it pours...my cousin (Turtletoes) is having AC problems do to a snake in her drainpipe! So if it isn't one thing it is another...

SBB said...

She's in my prayers as are you.

Genevieve Netz said...

I'm sorry to hear that your aunt isn't doing well. I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope the AC in your car straightens up, too.