Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrr brrr brrr brrr brrrrrrrrr!!!


Just a quick weather update for those who are wondering...

I haven't left my house since Thursday because of the ice. I have a solid white sheet of ice that is about 3 inches thick and so hard that I didn't leave footprints when I took some trash out to the cart at the side of the house. Didn't even break the surface. You can't see any footprints from the mailman either. That's some tough ice!

I was well stocked for this round of bad weather, but I'm hoping to be able to get to the grocery story Thursday or Friday before we get snow on top of the ice on Saturday. I know it will be asking a lot of the grocery store staff to have things on the shelves. If it should happen that I can't get out, I will live, but I will certainly be happier if I can restock my Diet Coke supply and maybe get a little more chocolate. We have our needs, after all!

I think the world is happier that I am stuck inside this house. Believe me, I don't need to crash my car or break a bone, and I don't want to do anything that would cause anyone else trouble either. I can do some of my work by phone, so I'm taking advantage of this situation as much as possible for the duration.

Maybe I'll crawl out for Groundhog Day! Or spring.

The photo above is from my front porch tonight. I didn't get out when it was light, so pardon the blur from the night shutter. I can barely see the curb on the far side of the street.

Makes me wish I had skates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the mailman is making it through, do you need someone to send in some chocolate? ;)

I'm glad you're back. (You're back, aren't you??) I have thought about you a lot while you've been gone. The pics of your house have looked so cozy, being snowed in at your house seems like it would be quite pleasant.

Go here to see what my big sis gave me for Christmas. You're the only one I know in blogland that would truly appreciate it. :)

Would match your kitchen :)

Trixie said...

Oh Frenzied, that's so cool! I have some Mary Engelbreit dishes stashed away in one of my corner cabinets in the dining room. I should use them more but I don't want to break them. I think I am back. I may not be real perky for a little while. It is now Wednesday night and I haven't been out of my house since last Thursday. I can probably last a little longer, but it is my great hope to get out of the house to the grocery store tomorrow if it's possible. More snow forecasted for Saturday and Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Now what would FlyLady say about saving your dishes? ;)

Trixie said...

Ummm.... She'd probably tell me to get rid of about 80 percent of the dishes I have! LOL!