Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yipee!

They are going to fix my car. It should be ready next week. It's a little hard getting used to a different car, especially one I will have the use of only for a little while. I've got a Ford Focus as a rental, and as nice as it is, it is a Ford and I am a Honda girl.

I've had only two cars since 1987 -- that's 21 years. Both have been Honda Civics. For a while I had another car, my mom's Honda Accord. I sold it to a former co-worker, though, because I couldn't justify keeping two cars and I preferred my own.

Anyway, it's been a busy day at work and I'm a little drained so I'm going to be a little early.

Come back tomorrow -- I'll have some news to share about a project going on here. If I'm lucky there will be photos as well! And I'm not talking about the tap-dancing senior citizens who are visiting our senior center from Yukon! Though there MAY be photos of them as well.

For now, sweet dreams!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for you that you get to keep your car!

I think my next car is going to be a Honda or Toyota. I'm sorry to not support American cars, but I haven't had one yet that's been worth much.

Looking forward to the project. :)

Trixie said...

My Honda was made in Ohio. The lines between "foreign" and "American" are mighty blurry.

Anonymous said...

"Made" and "designed" are two different things. I guess it's nice that it's made in the US--that'll make me feel less guilty, but I guess I'll go with the Japanese nerds on the other. ;)

Liz Harrell said...

Oh yeah. WE LOVE OUR CIVIC. Great cars.

And thanks so much for your comments about my book! Actually, I used LULU to publish the ebook. I really didnt feel like investing any money in hard copies, but might later on. Thanks again and have a fabulous weekend!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Great!!! It is always so great when your car is fixed rather than needing to be fixed! I need to get snow tires on mine.