Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two down, one to go

I don't know what I was thinking, but I mixed up the order of the tests I'm taking. Today I had the echocardiogram and the carotid artery dopplers, since they are both ultrasound tests. We did them at the same time on the same table -- just moved the goo around from the chest to the neck. Easy peasy tests. Now what they show? I don't know. I just know they are expensive and the hospital asked if I wanted to pay my couple a' thousand today to get the 20 percent discount. Der, um, NO. They ought to give that discount to those of us who CAN'T pay thousands at the drop of a hat!

The MRI will be next Monday.

Meanwhile, I'll spend the bulk of today at home.

It has not been a good day for my co-workers. One co-worker, whose mother is fighting cancer, called me at 6 a.m. to let me know they were on their way to the emergency room again and we'd probably all be at the hospital at the same time. After my tests were over, I checked and they had gone home. I called her and found out my boss had taken her son to the emergency room for food poisoning and had left the E.R. about the time co-worker and her mom arrived. So, that is three of us out today. Don't know who's going to provide the news for today, but I cannot worry about it.

And if you wonder -- they heated the ultrasound goo so it felt pretty nice, a nd it smells like baby powder. Certainly nicer than the cold wet goo from my last ultrasound many years ago. Now that's an improvement, baby!

No comments: