Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas, one and all!

I've got snow (for a little while, until the sun does its work); I have presents to open and lots of food in the fridge, including a ham, several pears from Harry & David, and a dozen or so oranges I bought to support the local high school band.

Last night I attended the 8 p.m. Christmas Eve communion service at my church. There was lots of beautiful music, the story from Luke and a packed house. It is nice to see every pew filled up to the point of people moving up to the balcony. A couple of weeks ago there were more people in the choir than in the congregation because of the weather. Not so last night!

This evening I may (MAY) go over to some new friends' house where a few people will congregate for supper. Until then I am going to enjoy a blessed day at home, reading, napping, opening gifts and perhaps writing out some belated Christmas cards... I'm just no good at that kind of thing, it seems, but I'm sure I have other nice qualities of some sort.

Wherever you are, and however you are spending this holy day, may God keep you firmly in the palm of His hand, today and throughout the coming new year.

Thanks for dropping by! Ho ho ho!

2 comments:

SBB said...

Merry Christmas, Trixie!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Trixie! You're very welcome. You and Tech can exchange recipes--he got the same thing, different year. I want you two around for a looooooong time! :)