Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things I am liking tonight

1. The choral society concert is over. It started at 7 tonight and I was in my car at 7:55. Half the concert was two Bach pieces in German and several pieces from Handel's "Messiah." The other half was Christmas carols we sang from the audience, with the audience. We've worked on this performance since August, every single week. And it's over.

2. By 8:15 I had been served in my favorite neighborhood restaurant. Others from the group wandered in after I was seated, and I declined invitations to sit with them because I just wanted to eat quickly and get home.

3. I was home by 9 p.m. and already opened the mail.

4. Nothing is stopping me from going to bed early tonight. I should be on my way to Slumberland in about 10 minutes.

5. Snow's in the forecast again this weekend. And I don't have to work on Saturday. Yay!

6. I have been invited to play the piano for Sunday morning's gathering music at church, but there's no pressure if I decide not to do it. So if it snows, and I decide I can't drive the 7 blocks to church, no pressure. I'd like to play, actually, but I'd also like to be rehearsed, and I can't do that to my satisfaction without a piano. I'll let you know how it goes.

7. Tomorrow's Friday! Yay! This week is almost in the can. It has not been in the Top 10 list of great weeks.

8. I like that the library has a drive-up drop-off. I also like that my library system doesn't charge fines for overdue books. I just dropped one off after I had dinner tonight that was due back 11/26/07. I'm a little s-l-o-w.

9. I like that a calendar I ordered on the 17th arrived in today's mail. That's good!

10. I like that I have my bedroom cleaned up and I've kept it tidy for three days now. I even splurged and bought myself new pillows the other day. Yay!

11. I like that I've lost two more pounds this week, almost without effort. And I've dropped another size in pants. I do like that, yes, I do. Even if it's still my little secret.

12. I got flowers at work this week. I really liked that!

13. 2007 is almost over. I'm pretty thrilled about that. I need another chance to sweep the slate clean. I think most of us like that and need to get a clean sweep now and then. Plus I have this new calendar that I can't wait to use.

14. I like that I have friends that I miss so very, very much in my old city. Even though I sometimes come to the point of crying because I miss them, it just shows me how great it is to have people I care about that much. I hope I get to see them all again soon. I wish I could round up everyone I've ever loved and cared about and have a big old party. There would be quite a crowd. I might even dance. You've been warned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Santa can fit that piano down the chimney... :)

Way to go on the weight loss!! I have to admit that I haven't been trying hard. Keep telling me when you drop a size in pants. My envy might eventually kick in and motivate me.

Sounds like a nice weekend. When do you have to go back to work?

Trixie said...

I have to work Monday morning, but the office closes at noon. I'll just have to write up the police notes, probably. Then I'll be off Tuesday and back on Wednesday.

I ran into someone from my church during my frenzied lunchtime shopping excursion who said something about my weight loss. I've adopted her as my new bestest friend evah! LOL!