Saturday, December 22, 2007

The snow is back

And it's here with a vengeance! We're in the midst of a blizzard with white-out conditions. Silly me -- yesterday when it was in the 40s I left the office and forgot my coat. I had to run back to get it today during the snowstorm.

While I was out I was foolish enough to decide I was really hungry. So I treated myself to lunch at the Chinese buffet. I was thinking "who would do this in a blizzard?" Apparently I was not alone in my cravings because the place was full. I nearly started giggling inappropriately as I sat there eating next to a Mexican family speaking Spanish. Just seemed so odd that in a snow storm there would be Mexican people eating Chinese food. No, I know that may not be as funny to anyone else as it was to me, so never you mind. Just walk on by.

I'd take photos if I could, but my windows are covered with the windblown snow, so no can do from the warmth of my home. Might make a good macro shot... maybe later. I'm not in the mood.

The only item I'm missing right now is some Diet Coke. Otherwise I'm stocked well enough to stay holed up again this weekend. At this rate I won't be going to church tomorrow, either. Two weeks in a row is too long, but I'm not going back out in this.

Again I am glad to have a floor furnace so I can warm myself with direct heat when I need to thaw.

I have plenty of books to keep me company for as long as this isolation lasts, plus DVDs if I get around to hooking up the DVD player to the TV. Otherwise there will be no TV either since I STILL have not gotten cable.

I have to tell you though, that one of my favorite bloggers, Pioneer Woman, was featured today on CNN Headline News' program "News to Me." I couldn't watch it on TV, obviously, but there is a YouTube clip. Just type in "Pioneer Woman" in the keyword search and it will take you HERE, to the CNN HN clip It will make you laugh. GO WATCH IT!

5 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

The Pioneer Woman kicks!

Anonymous said...

I love The Pioneer Woman. She's how I found your blog. You commented about the Pioneer Woman Museum and since I know about it I came over to check it out.

Trixie said...

Always glad to have a pizza come by my place! Welcome! Hope you'll come back. I blog about this area quite a bit now.

drlobojo said...

Here is wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Erudite Redneck said...

Merry Christmas, mi amiga!