Monday, March 28, 2005

Check out the Connexion

Richard Hall has added my blog to his blogroll at The Connexion.

Richard is a Methodist Minister in Wales. "Faith, life, politics and 'stuff' are what keep me blogging. No subject too big or too small," he writes. Please check it out -- there are many thoughtful contributors.

Among those who blog on his site is my longtime friend JTB (Joel Thomas), also a United Methodist minister. Joel and I have been friends since high school and we try to celebrate our birthdays together -- they are a week apart. When we were 18, we celebrated by registering to vote. Now, here we are, about to turn 50. Whoo hooo!!! We'll have dinner Thursday night, and we're hoping to see "The Three-Penny Opera."

I am SO ready for the Big 5-0! I may have to find a big red hat and purple dress... "When I am old, I shall wear purple...."

I'll also get to celebrate with my church singles group over the weekend. As I've told my girlfriends for weeks now, there better be cake. :^)

3 comments:

SBB said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Trixie, happy birthday to you!

May you have many more. May you have many more. We'll lift a cup and hold you up. May you have many more!

(I wasn't sure when exactly it was this week, but thought I'd sing anyway! Happy Birthday Trixie! I'm glad you're one of my blogging buddies. I enjoy reading your blog and looking at the world through your wise and funny eyes.)

Trixie said...

Awww, that's so sweet!! Thanks, Tech! Makes up for me having to be an April Fool all my life!

jeannie diane said...

Trixie, Happy Birthday I won't sing
since Tech already did. Besides I
have been know to scare small children when I attempt to sing. Very scary.. Hope you have a wonder
ful Blessed year. Sorry I have been
gone. so much to do so little time.
Again best wishes..