Saturday, April 09, 2005

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

It's the wee hours of the morning -- 2:34 a.m. -- but I wanted to post a quick note saying I've just watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" again on TMC. I have the movie on tape, but I noticed it was coming on TV so I stayed up to see it.

This remains perhaps my favorite movie of all time. And I believe I've seen it 10 times or more. Every time I see it, I notice another special moment I hadn't seen before.

I'm so familiar with the film that I was aware of the cuts that were made to accommodate TV. None of the cuts affected the quality of the story terribly, but noticing their absence made me realize the many, many layers of detail that make this movie what it is.

It is story telling at its best. Fannie Flagg should remain proud of this work for all the days of her life.

1 comment:

Erudite Redneck said...

One of my Top 10 favorite movies.