Sunday, April 17, 2005

Today at the zoo

My singles group went to the zoo today (don't tell the neighbors... they don't know I didn't mow the yard again today. Maybe tomorrow.)

Anyway, I took 277 photos, and thought I would share some.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A baby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After-bath powder for the elephant.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yummmmm... people....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Say it loud, say it proud! I am lizard, hear me roar....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A mallard. I love his markings. He was fighting with the geese, catfish, turtles and other ducks for the peanuts kids were throwing in "Monkey Lake." I don't know if they still call it that, but there was once an island in the middle of the lake that was inhabited by monkeys.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Naptime!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just love his color.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hey, hold it down... we're trying to sleep!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This rodent was busy dragging stuff into his burrow. He lives with the tigers, who were off taking a nap.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An orangutan with dreadlocks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally, a real moon shot. The elephants were keeping time with their tails.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I especially like the kitty ones! :)

CrystalDiggory said...

Wow, what great pictures. I love the OKC Zoo and have a lot of good memories of that place.

Erudite Redneck said...

Excellent shots. Camera-lens-film specs, please.

Trixie said...

Nikon D-70 digital with a 70 to 300 mm zoom lens.