Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It's a little better tonight

Today I had a huge anxiety attack, worrying whether I'd get all my "MUST DO" list done. By God's grace and with the help of friends and good service people, things are a little less dire.

One good friend was able to work me in this afternoon to do my income taxes for me. I sincerely hope and believe that this will be my last difficult tax year. I sold some rental property (at a loss) in 2004, in addition to self-employment. Next year, things should be a cakewalk.

My insurance agent was able to find me a health policy. It's a little higher than the one I had that is expiring this week, but I can set up a tax-deductible medical account with this one. At least I'll have that safety net in case of medical catastrophe. That was my other HUGE headache for the week, since the old policy expires April 14.

I rescheduled my doctor's appointment -- it was supposed to be in the morning, but by postponing it I can save that to go towards the new insurance policy instead of the expiring one. I'm not crazy about postponing the lab work, but on the other hand I do not want to wind up discovering anything that would be expensive! LOL.

Let's see... still have to do my car tag and driver's license by the end of the month, but I have time.

I got my billing done for the month yesterday -- shocking but a relief. Should be a pretty good payday at the end of the month.

Work things are going OK. If not for all these other headaches with the car, taxes and insurance issues, it would have been a really easy week. On the nice side, I spent the morning touring several half-million-dollar homes in a fancy neighborhood. (For those living out of state: A half-million-dollar home here is fancy schmancy! We're not California. We're talking about 5,000 to 8,000 square feet in a golf course community.) Anyway, besides making me feel even POORER, it was nice seeing these homes. Sometimes I can't believe I get to do this. (For perspective: The rental property I sold in 2004 was TWO houses on one lot. I bought them for $28,000 in 2001 and sold them, at a loss, for $24,000 in 2004. This was in my home town, and the bottom just dropped out of the real estate market there. Yes, those numbers are correct. Two houses, $24,000. The "big" house is the one I grew up in.)

Tomorrow night is a media party for the Designer Show House. That will be fun. I've been doing a series while this home has been coming together, and it will be my chance to see it all finished and decorated. Truly this one makes me feel like a spoiled child because I've had unlimited access to see this house any time I've wanted to go look.

Anyway. I won't say I'm 100 percent cheerful. I still have too much of that stress hormone floating around in my blood. But MAYBE I won't hurt anyone now... we'll see.
It's just what this extreme level of anxiety does to me.

It's music night again -- handbells and choir. I've got about a half hour to do some deep breathing first so I don't accidently sling a bell across the room. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"FORE!" ;)

Anonymous said...

Too weird. My comment from yesterday (?) shows on the comment screen, but not your main page. :\

Anyway, how are you doing now?