Friday, April 15, 2005

I B'lieve I've made it through

Friday, almost noon. I think I've finally made it through the week that tried to chew me up and spit me out.

Let's see... in review...

1. Substantial car repair -- done.

2. Health insurance policy search -- done.

3. Income taxes -- done.

4. Stories written for work -- done.

5. Attended party for show house -- done.

6. Dozens more miles put on car -- done.

7. Photo shoots to go with stories -- done.

Now I can turn my attention to the chores of daily living, such as mowing my doggone grass. Yeah, there is extreme irony in writing a story about "curb appeal" when my own grass is knee high and I'm waiting for a notice from the city inspector to show up taped to my door. Maybe I can mow before my nosy next-door neighbor comes home from work and calls to complain.

What's left today:
1. Trip to post office to mail tax returns to IRS and check to my accountant, to whom I am so grateful.
2. Pay Dillard's bill.

Later:
1. Car tag
2. Driver's license
3. Next car repair, which is replacing the tie rods.

It's starting to look manageable again. I would also like to go work out today. It will help me reduce the stress that won't let go.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's a shameful photo just to show you that I wasn't kidding about the yard. NO curb appeal here, but I am rather proud of that tenacious weed that is close to two feet tall now. I think I'll name it "Herb."

1 comment:

Erudite Redneck said...

That No. 4 was especially appreciated in some circles. :-)