Friday, almost noon. I think I've finally made it through the week that tried to chew me up and spit me out.
Let's see... in review...
1. Substantial car repair -- done.
2. Health insurance policy search -- done.
3. Income taxes -- done.
4. Stories written for work -- done.
5. Attended party for show house -- done.
6. Dozens more miles put on car -- done.
7. Photo shoots to go with stories -- done.
Now I can turn my attention to the chores of daily living, such as mowing my doggone grass. Yeah, there is extreme irony in writing a story about "curb appeal" when my own grass is knee high and I'm waiting for a notice from the city inspector to show up taped to my door. Maybe I can mow before my nosy next-door neighbor comes home from work and calls to complain.
What's left today:
1. Trip to post office to mail tax returns to IRS and check to my accountant, to whom I am so grateful.
2. Pay Dillard's bill.
1. Car tag
2. Driver's license
3. Next car repair, which is replacing the tie rods.
It's starting to look manageable again. I would also like to go work out today. It will help me reduce the stress that won't let go.
Here's a shameful photo just to show you that I wasn't kidding about the yard. NO curb appeal here, but I am rather proud of that tenacious weed that is close to two feet tall now. I think I'll name it "Herb."